Pickin’ in the Panhandle celebrates the best of barbecue, bluegrass and country music, and family fun. Located just over an hour from Washington, DC and Baltimore, MD, Shiley Acres (just 3 miles off I-81 and one mile off Route 11) will be filled with the sound of music … mixed with the smell of mouth-watering BBQ. Do a little pickin’ of your own, or just sit back and enjoy some of the best musical acts from our region and beyond! Mark your calendar for Pickin’ 2013, September 6-8!
The festival will feature:
- Bluegrass, newgrass, Americana, rockabilly, and country music
- KCBS West Virginia State BBQ Championship
- Backyard BBQ Cook-off
- BBQ and other food vendors
- Arts & Crafts Vendors featuring heritage artists and artisans
- Beer Garden, for those age 21 and older (no ID, no admittance)
Come discover what makes West Virginia Wild and Wonderful at Pickin’ in the Panhandle!